blogggggginnnn' & bullshit

Sunday, January 11, 2009

who's gonna save my soul now

with a little over an hour left of my official calendar day winter break, it's probably time to start getting serious about things. jumping headfirst into the semester is not exactly the easiest thing to do. it's not the hardest thing either but indulge me for a few minutes.
having gone straight from chicago for new year's eve to northern michigan, it's safe to say that the past week & a half would have been completely lost in my mind without the aid of a camera (thanks G9). 
going from this:



to this:
has been a challenge thus far. i'll be the first one to shoulder the blame. i know it wasn't the smartest idea to check out of the real world for a week plus. i know i should have started getting my affairs in order days ago. hell, i know that i shouldn't even be blogging right now with that mess sitting on my floor, an article to read, a meeting to prep for, a campaign to plan & a life to organize...but i'm going with it.
i'm struggling to successfully make the transition from carefree to chaos. adjusting back to the ELife after the cottage is going to take a few days. however, even as i sit here thinking about how much work i have to get done, i'm still not regretting any part of my decision. i lost a week but found myself...how shamelessly cheesy is that? nevertheless, it's true. i haven't felt this refreshed in god knows how long. i feel sharp, inspired & honest -- quite the triple threat. normally i'd attribute this to the alcohol or a particularly unshakeable bout of depression with a heavy dose of cynicism mixed in. but this time around, it's not the case. call it a hell of a week, a fresh start or a rotating cast of incredible people in not nearly enough time -- whatever the situation, i'm not complaining.

courtesy of JJJJound

i couldn't have said it better myself. the first week of my 2009 has been more fun than my entire 2008. it's been a long time coming & could not be more welcomed. goddamn, i feel good.

No comments:

Followers